lørdag 30. juni 2012

Salmon fishing in Risfjord river

Early this morning me Peter and Lynda went to Gamvik, located at north east part of Nordkynd where Vidar waited with our big boat Viking Explorer. Today we were going to fish salmon in Risfjord river. We went to Koifjord which is located just southeast of Risfjord where we anchored up Viking Explorer and to walk over to the top of Risfjordriver and fish our way downstream. At the second pool we fished Peter got a strike and after a heavy fight with his light tackle Vidar could net the salmon witch got weight to 3,2 kilos. When we had fished down to the last pool I decided to try my luck with my flyrod. After a couple of minutes I hooked a salmon and after I while Peter brought it in the net, this salmon was weight to 3 kilo. We decided to go back up to the pool where Peter caught his to fish the remaining minutes that was left on our fishing licenses. This time Vidar tried his luck with his flyrod and quite soon he had a fish on. First we thought it was a arctic char which is common in this river but when it came closer I turned out to be a beautiful brown trout about 0,8 kilos. Now it was time to head back to Adventure Camp Mehamn and rest for tomorrows fishing.


In Koifjord on our way to the shore

Peter and Vidar prepares to fish.

Peter with his 3,2 kilos salmon

Me with my 3 kilos salmon.

Vidar and his beautilful brown trout.

Koifjord is really a sight for the eye!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar